Contracts that only need a signature may be uploaded without a signature page and sent without mapping.
- A ContractHub template is simply a static PDF (i.e. that does not change). Key terms that change from one agreement to another go on the Mapping Screen and appear on your Exhibits that are generated by the platform. See Screenshot 1 below.
- Draft documents in any program and save them as PDFs.
- ContractHub generates key agreement terms from interview questions and database fields and puts them on user defined Exhibits. See Screenshot 2 below.
- Please do not include signature pages in your templates – the system automatically generates them.
- Our system recognizes agreement terms (i.e. things that change such as name or notice address) by looking for Capitalized Words immediately preceding “(as defined in Exhibit…)”.
- Login to your account and select “Upload Template” from a COMPANY account (not your individual account).
- Go to your templates library and click the Document to open the mapping screen.
- Map each defined term to either a text or metadata field (e.g. company name, address, etc.)
- Save the mapping at the bottom of the mapping screen.
Contract Drafting Tips.
All key agreement terms go on exhibits generated by our system. For Company counsel drafting agreements, this can include data such as party names, term, description of services, etc. – everything that changes from contract to contract. Regular definitions that won’t change can be hardwired in the contract and require no special treatment.
A sample contract can be found above under “Download our Example Template”